Create faster site that Google can’t help but love
We all know the feeling as we wait, and wait, (and sometimes wait some more) for the page to load. Do we hang around or do we click away and find a faster site?
Well Google feels the same way, the school of thought is that while Google doesn’t reward faster sites, it probably doesn’t give slow sites a whole lot of love and this could see them slipping down the ranks.
In this episode I chat with Vahe about simple tips we can use to speed up our lazy old websites.
Tune in to learn:
- Why having a fast site is important?
- What is the impact of having a slow site
- What is a fair load time benchmark for a small business website
- Which Content Management System is the fastest
- Our favourite speed testing tools
- What is caching and how to does it help
- How to reduce server response time
Vahe Arabian is the Founder of State of Digital Publishing and Head of Research & Strategy at Online Marketing Gurus, Vahe has been with the SEO industry for 8 years, specialising in research & strategy (content strategy, link building and technical marketing), where he regularly troubleshoots campaigns, formulates new plans and processes in order to help others achieve their goals and spend less time collating data.
Listen to the podcast
Or listen on iTunes, Spotify or Stitcher.
Share the meme
Share the love!
If you like what you’re hearing on The Recipe for SEO Success Show, support the show by taking a few seconds to leave a rating and/or comment on iTunes, Spotify or Stitcher. Thanks!
And big thanks to Emerald Kate for her lovely review.
Take the next step
Ready to get started with SEO? Here are a few things you can try…
- Sign up to my newsletter for a free SEO checklist.
- Join my SEO support group on Facebook
- Start the 10-Day SEO Challenge
Connect with Vahe
- Google Page speed
- Pingdom Speed test
- Plugin – Specify image dimension
- WP Engine hosting
- W3 Total Cache Plugin
- Bloom Berry