How structured data can help your website rank
In this episode, Kate chats with Tony McCreath about Schema (or structured data) and how it can make your website easier for Google to understand and index.
- What Schema is
- How Schema works
- Examples of Schema in action
- What impact Schema has on your ability to rank?
- Different types of schema
- The impact Schema has on shopping and ecommerce sites
- How Schema links into Google shopping
- How Schema helps with Google local
- How to test your Schema
Tony McCreath is an SEO expert based in Adelaide running Web Site Advantage. He began fiddling with computers when he was 16, and began optimising websites in 2004. He’s been running his business for six years, and now focuses on more specialised subjects such as technical consultations and structured data implementations.
Watch the video
Listen to the podcast
Tools, websites and articles mentioned:
Share the meme
Share the love!
Take the next step
Ready to get started with SEO? Here are a few things you can try…
- Sign up to my newsletter for a free SEO checklist.
- Join my SEO support group on Facebook
- Start the 10-Day SEO Challenge
Connect with Tony
- Moz guide to schema and structure data : A great guide from the guys at Moz.
- Google Intro to structured data : The official word from Google.
- Search Console Structure Data Report : Check your Structured date in Search Console.
- Googles Structured Data Markup Helper : This tool will help you create basic Schema markup for several use cases.
- MozBar : Double-check your structured data markup and redirects with this toolbar from Moz.
- Google Webmaster forum for Structured data: Where the structured data geeks hangout, including Tony!
Only for the crazy keen!