Join the Misfits for a delicious Yuletide feast
Good food, good company and good conversation
As solo Misfits, our business life can be a little bit lonely. This is your chance to connect with other Misfits, enjoy some thoughtful presentations, celebrate a good year and plan for the future.
Date: Friday, November 16th, 6.30pm – 9.30 (with optional post-dinner karaoke!)
Location: The Winery, Surry Hills, Sydney, 285A Crown St, Surry Hills NSW 2010
What do you get:
- Relax with like-minded humans in a quirky urban garden oasis in the heart of Surry Hills.
- A glass of prosecco on arrival
- A delicious for three-course meal (vegetarian and gluten-free options available)
- Talk from Sharon Chisholm from Business Bravery – “How to handle imposter Syndrome”.
- Talk from Kate Toon Author of Confessions of a Misfit Entrepreneur – “The future of Digital Marketing”.
- Treats and goodies
Places limited: 28 spots only
- Oysters, champagne vinaigrette, lemon
- Warm marinated Mt. Zero Olives
- Chicken parfait, eggplant relish, mustard fruit, pickles, toast
- Baby beetroot, smoked sheeps yoghurt, kalamata, puffed wild rice
- Confit duck maryland, cinnamon roasted pumpkin, native barilla bower spinach, spiced jus
- Pan seared fish of the day, pea puree, spring vegetables, fresh tomato, basil
- Potato gnocchi, wild mushrooms, white wine sauce, pecorino
- Steak frites, 250g striploin, café de Paris butter, rustic fries, jus
- Half roasted chicken, native lemon myrtle, cheesy mac, shallots
On the side
- Rocket Salad, parmesan, aged balsamic
- Finger lime pavlova, vanilla, passionfruit
- Bread & butter pudding, brown sugar, custard, rum soaked raisins
Please note: Alchohol is not included but can be ordered on small tabs at the bar.
Who is Kate Toon
Kate Toon is award-winning SEO copywriter and SEO consultant with over two decades of experience in all things advertising, digital and writing. Originally from the UK but now based just outside Sydney.
She’s worked with big brands such as eHarmony, Curash and Kmart. And she’s helped countless small businesses produce great content and improve their copywriting and SEO.
She is the author of a popular business book, The Confessions of a Misfit Entrepreneur – which also has its own podcast.
She presents the Write for Business show for the Dale Beaumont’s Brin.ai app and is the founder of The Copywriting Conference – Australia’s first dedicated Copywriting Conference.
Who is Sharon Chisholm
She has written for Flying Solo, Smallville, BP Magazine for Bipolar and Mum Central. She has been interviewed for the NSW State Library’s Oral History Collection as well as for Flying Solo, Confessions of a Misfit Entrepreneur and Second Career.
Sharon is about to launch her new podcast, Braving Business.
Important bits and bobs
- Tickets are sold on a no refund basis. If you can’t make it we’ll try to help you find someone to take your spot but we offer no guarantees. All ticket swaps must be done at least two weeks prior to the event.
- By purchasing a ticket to this event, you consent to your image being used for social media and marketing purposes.
- Alchohol is not included but can be ordered on small tabs at the bar.