- In November last year Google added a mobile friendly tag to indicated which websites returned in their search query were mobile friendly.
- One of the factors that determined this was whether your website was using responsive design – which ensures sites look good on both desktop and mobile browsers.
- But other factors such as page speed were also considered.
- As of 21st April Google will be expanding the use of mobile friendliness as a signal.
- They’ve said this will have a significant effect on the results and make it easier for users to find relevant content that works on their device.
- They’ve created a useful tool in Google Webmasters to test if your site is mobile friendly.
- And you can use the mobile usability tool to get a full list of issues.
- You can also check out the page speed of your site using the page speed insights tool.
- If your site is not responsive or mobile friendly, the easiest move is often to update your theme (if using WordPress).
- Google mobile friendly tester
- Google Page Speed
- Google webmasters mobile usability tester
- Google announcement