Step 1: Determine your IP address. This step is very easy thanks to Google. Simply type into Google “what is my IP” Above all of the results it will say “Your public IP address is …”
Step 2: Navigating your way to the filter.
- Log in to Google Analytics. Once you are signed in you should be looking at the Account Home screen.
- Click ‘Admin’ on the top navigation bar. This will take you to the account administration screen.
- Now, click on the account that your domain is under.
- Select the property (the domain) you wish to exclude your IP from in the Analytics.
- Select the tab called filters then add a new filter.
Step 3: Applying the filter.
- If you have not done this before select ‘Create new filter for profile’.
- Give your filter a name such as My IP Blocked.
- Select ‘Predefined filter’.
- Change the second drop down menu to read ‘traffic from the IP addresses’.
- Enter your IP that you found in step 1.
That’s it, you’re done! Now feel free to obsessively check your website without having to worry about messing up any of your Analytics data.